Indonesia Gayo Bukit Aceh | Bun Coffee | Shop Our Full Range
16119
product-template-default,single,single-product,postid-16119,theme-bridge,qode-quick-links-1.0,woocommerce,woocommerce-page,woocommerce-no-js,yith-wcbm-theme-bridge,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode_grid_1300,columns-4,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-11.2,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.5.2,vc_responsive

Java Blawan

18.0056.00

Sweet, clean and complex, with notes of cinnamon, chocolate, sweet tobacco, grape and tangerine. Nice body, balanced, great aftertaste.

Clear
SKU: N/A Categories: , ,
Description

Java Blawan Estate

Sweet, clean and complex, with notes of cinnamon, chocolate, sweet tobacco, grape and tangerine. Nice body, balanced, great aftertaste.

Java, known for centuries as “the spice island,” is the fourth-largest island in Indonesia but home to more than half the country’s population.

Coffee on Java is mostly grown on its eastern end, around the Ijen volcano, and harvested between July and September. More recently, Arabica has been planted in West and Central Java, and production is increasing every year. Coffee from mountainous West Java is known as West Java Preanger Arabica. Preanger comes from a Sudanese phrase meaning “home of the gods.”

Blawan Estate
Most of Java’s Arabica is grown on five large estates on the Ijen Plateau: Blawan, Jampit, Pancoer, Kayumas and Tugosari. The estates were established under Dutch colonial rule. After Indonesia achieved its independence, following World War I, the government took control of the farms.

These state-owned farms are at ideally high altitudes—particularly Blawan and Jampit—and benefit from their lofty position, the microclimate on the plateau and the incredibly rich soil produced by centuries of volcanic activity.

Java’s Long History
The beginning of the coffee industry in Indonesia can be traced to the arrival of Arabica coffee on the shore of Java in 1699. Although the native farmers of Java were the first to cultivate Arabica, it soon spread throughout Indonesia’s many provinces. In 1712, years of harvesting provided the first bag of Indonesian coffee to be exported to Amsterdam. Over the years, as exports have grown, so has the reputation of Java.

Thanks in part to its rich soil and abundant rainfall, Indonesia is the world’s third-leading producer and exporter of coffee. Approximately 90 percent of Indonesia’s production is Robusta, with Arabica comprising the remaining 10 per cent.

Region: Ijen Plateau, East Java Island

Altitude:900–1,500 masl

Process: Washed, sun-dried

Additional Information
Weight N/A
Select Grind Type

Whole Beans, Filter, Plunger, Domestic Espresso / Stovetop, Aeropress, Syphon, Turkish, Commercial Espresso

Select Size

250 18, 500 32 (2×250), 1kg 56

| Digital Marketing by King Kong